Medigap Plan G covers everything that Medicare Part A and B cover at 100% except for the Part B deductible. This means that you won’t pay anything out-of-pocket for covered services and treatments after you pay the deductible.
What does Medicare Supplement Plan G cover?
Original Medicare covers a lot of your healthcare costs. The additional Medicare benefits that are covered by Medicare Supplement Plan G in Citrus Heights are in addition to the Medicare-approved amounts that are covered by the Federal Medicare program.
Plan G will cover:
- Initial pints of blood
- Medicare Part A deductible
- Medicare Part A hospital costs
- Part A expenses
- Part A hospice care coinsurance
- Skilled nursing facility care
What is the Plan G deductible in 2023?
Medicare Supplement insurance Plan G in Citrus Heightsdoes have a deductible of $226 for the year in 2023. After this amount is paid the plan pays out 100%.
What does Medicare Supplement Plan G Cost in Citrus Heights, CA?
The cost of Plan G varies widely depending on where you live. There are also differences in costs for men and women in many states, and for smokers and vape users.
In 2023, Plan G’s costs range from $99 per month to $509 per month.4 According to a price analysis conducted by the American Association for Medicare Supplement Insurance in February 2021.
When can I enroll in Medicare Supplement Insurance Plan G?
Unlike Medicare Advantage and Part D plans, Plan G has no annual enrollment period. You can apply for Medigap Plan G in Citrus Heights, CA at any time. Depending on when you enroll, however, different rules apply.
Open Enrollment Period
The best time to apply for Plan G is during your Open Enrollment Period:
- OEP starts when you are 65 and enrolled in Part B Medicare
- Lasts six months
- Offers guaranteed rights: insurers cannot reject your application, require medical underwriting, or charge more for pre-existing conditions
Special Open Enrollment
You have guaranteed-issue rights in other situations outside of your OEP, including when:
- You leave the plan’s service area
- You lose group health insurance
- The insurer discontinues Plan G
- You lose a Medicare Advantage plan
- A disabled Medicare beneficiary turns 65
- If you apply outside of your OEP and don’t qualify for special enrollment, Medicare Supplement insurance companies can require underwriting and charge higher premiums. Our insurance agency can help determine whether you meet the qualifications for special enrollment.
What is the Best Medicare Plan G in Citrus Heights?
The Medicare Supplement insurance plans are standardized, so the plan options are the same no matter which insurance company sells them. Insurers differ in terms of price and reliability. You should look for the following features when shopping for a policy:
- In terms of customer service, how does the insurer rank?
- Is there enough cash on hand to pay for your claim?
- Is the company large enough to ensure long-term stability?
Our Company Recommendations
In Citrus Heights, about 70 private insurance companies offer supplemental insurance plans. Due to their excellent service, high ratings, and financial strength, we prefer these three:
- Aetna (A)
- Mutual of Omaha (A+)
- Cigna (A)
Plan G provides top coverage for preventive care, emergency care, and chronic conditions. You should consider it as a supplement to your Medicare coverage. Call us directly at (877) 238-6964 for a free quote comparison.
More Information About Citrus Heights
Citrus Heights is a city in Sacramento County, California. As of the 2020 U.S. Census, the city had a population of 87,583, up from 83,301 at the 2010 U.S. Census. Citrus Heights is part of the Sacramento Arden-Arcade Roseville Metropolitan Statistical Area.