Medigap Plan G covers everything that Medicare Part A and B cover at 100% except for the Part B deductible. This means that you won’t pay anything out-of-pocket for covered services and treatments after you pay the deductible.
What does Medicare Supplement Plan G cover?
Original Medicare covers a lot of your healthcare costs. The additional Medicare benefits that are covered by Medicare Supplement Plan G in Silver Lake are in addition to the Medicare-approved amounts that are covered by the Federal Medicare program.
Plan G will cover:
- Initial pints of blood
- Medicare Part A deductible
- Medicare Part A hospital costs
- Part A expenses
- Part A hospice care coinsurance
- Skilled nursing facility care
What is the Plan G deductible in 2024?
Medicare Supplement insurance Plan G in Silver Lakedoes have a deductible of $226 for the year in 2024. After this amount is paid the plan pays out 100%.
What does Medicare Supplement Plan G Cost in Silver Lake, CA?
The cost of Plan G varies widely depending on where you live. There are also differences in costs for men and women in many states, and for smokers and vape users.
In 2024, Plan G’s costs range from $99 per month to $509 per month.4 According to a price analysis conducted by the American Association for Medicare Supplement Insurance in February 2021.
When can I enroll in Medicare Supplement Insurance Plan G?
Unlike Medicare Advantage and Part D plans, Plan G has no annual enrollment period. You can apply for Medigap Plan G in Silver Lake, CA at any time. Depending on when you enroll, however, different rules apply.
Open Enrollment Period
The best time to apply for Plan G is during your Open Enrollment Period:
- OEP starts when you are 65 and enrolled in Part B Medicare
- Lasts six months
- Offers guaranteed rights: insurers cannot reject your application, require medical underwriting, or charge more for pre-existing conditions
Special Open Enrollment
You have guaranteed-issue rights in other situations outside of your OEP, including when:
- You leave the plan’s service area
- You lose group health insurance
- The insurer discontinues Plan G
- You lose a Medicare Advantage plan
- A disabled Medicare beneficiary turns 65
- If you apply outside of your OEP and don’t qualify for special enrollment, Medicare Supplement insurance companies can require underwriting and charge higher premiums. Our insurance agency can help determine whether you meet the qualifications for special enrollment.
What is the Best Medicare Plan G in Silver Lake?
The Medicare Supplement insurance plans are standardized, so the plan options are the same no matter which insurance company sells them. Insurers differ in terms of price and reliability. You should look for the following features when shopping for a policy:
- In terms of customer service, how does the insurer rank?
- Is there enough cash on hand to pay for your claim?
- Is the company large enough to ensure long-term stability?
Our Company Recommendations
In Silver Lake, about 70 private insurance companies offer supplemental insurance plans. Due to their excellent service, high ratings, and financial strength, we prefer these three:
- Aetna (A)
- Mutual of Omaha (A+)
- Cigna (A)
Plan G provides top coverage for preventive care, emergency care, and chronic conditions. You should consider it as a supplement to your Medicare coverage. Call us directly at (877) 238-6964 for a free quote comparison.
More Information About Silver Lake
Silver Lake is an Eastside neighborhood that fully embraces the hipster lifestyle. Funky blocks with street art are lined with artisanal coffee shops, vegan cafes and creative Asian eateries, as well as indie music venues, trendy bars and boutiques. The area also includes fine examples of modernist architecture and a namesake reservoir that s ringed by a popular walking trail with a dog park and a grassy meadow.